Tuesday, May 20, 2008

with all that magic happening it's hard to get enough sleep.

Many things have been going on here as Ben already reported.
Saturday we went to register and, as Jen noted, you kind of start feeling greedy, but we did our best not to go completely overboard. I REALLYREALLYREALLY do need an apple corer. At least I want one, because they're awesome and as we all know we need our 5 servings of fruit a day.
Who would have thunk that scanning fun things for 5 hours could be so exhausting?
So Sunday then I got the girls together to go on a dress shopping trip that I was dreading. Turns out, it's not so bad to try on dresses and it doesn't even look all that funny.
Anyway, we started out at several department stores, because I did NOT want to go into a bridal store. After being unsuccessful there, we passed by the Bridal SUPERstore, which looks more like a family dollar from the outside, and went in.
I saw the dresses and thought, Oh, No!, saw the sales lady and thought, This is not going to be pleasant!, but eventually I started looking more carefully and it wasn't bad at all.
Tried on 5 dresses, really liked the 5th, payed and took it over to Betsy's to keep Ben from being to nosy.
Big relief that that's taken care of.
Now, if we could only find a place for the reception...
We do have a trial design for the invitations now, and they are gonna look nice, thanks to Brian, who really wants us to party on unicorn moon.
It's going...Unicorns.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Well I've checked out the registry and seen the dress and there really IS going to be a wedding! Hurrah!

These two are very frugle. I would have thought they'd identify a nice rug someplace and a new couch to replace the one "left behind" by the previous renters! But they remind me that they don't need much.....and I am proud of that. Both will come....later.

Increasing a family is always a plus and we are anxious to have Andrea around more "permanently"!

Counting the days!
Mom

brianwyrick said...

Can you post links to the registries? On the Unicorn Moon?