Thursday, May 22, 2008

oh, where will the magic happen?

Ben already said that we found a location, and yes, it's going to be the WITT room. To be more specific, it's on Mass Ave, right across the street from the video store. And it's awesome. I couldn't be happier with how it looks and feels.
We don't know about the curfew yet, but we are hoping for something like midnight+, considering the ceremony is going to be at 7pm.
Now, if anyone knows a place that rents out tables and chairs and linens for a reasonable price, please share.
So far we've managed to stay within our means (well, kinda), which is good, but we want to make sure that everybody will be well fed and won't have to be thirsty, and if we could only manage to get an appointment at Sahm's...Maybe this weekend.
In other news, my thesis is going to the bindery tomorrow and after that all I need is some signatures and I'll be donedonedone...As much as I am proud of what I did, I just don't want to think about it anymore.
Summer camp starts in a week and I won't have to get up at 5am anymore which will be amazing...I might even be able to stay up until 10 then...good times!!
To get back to wedding fabulousness, the rings we found are really nice and while Ben thinks mine looks like it has pixie-dust on it, I like it. Who doesn't like pixies anyway?
But all of the materialism aside, the most exiting thing is that my friend Felix from Germany is going to be here for two weeks and he's going to be one of my bridesmaids...Don't worry about traditions, he looks real nice in a little black dress. He's been one of my best friends for 18 years now, and while most of my dear Germans are not able to make it (thanks to horrendous ticket prices), he will be there, so it's okay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I'm trying to picture a pixie dust ring. Sounds whimsical. I can't wait to see it!

Ben, I agree with you on the number of recent weddings. I used to think the same thing when I heard someone was engaged but now I just get really happy when I hear the news. Especially when the couple has a such a nice "how we met" story. :)

Andrea, I'm glad you'll soon get to sleep in more. I don't know how you do 5:00 a.m... -jen w.

mamatwoboys said...

Andrea that is wonderful news about your friend. I can't wait to meet him. I promise I'll behave. Hope you have fun this weekend with the whole RACE FIESTA thing. Fun to read about the day to day story as it unfolds. Kinda feels like we aren't so far away and getting ready to go farther. I hope that you'll be able to visit us in Dallas sometime. Oh yes, last but not least YEAH for you on the thesis thing. Is this something I might choose to read between unpacking boxes? All kidding aside I think it is a great accomplishment. Almost as good as getting Ben to the alter! Girl Power!

Anonymous said...

Andrea, so glad to hear the thesis is completed and what an accomplishment!! Congrats!! Great news about Felix being able to come. I hope you can realy relax and enjoy his visit while you are in the midst of wedding wackiness. It makes all the diference to have special people here with you. Good luck with the rentals. Best Rental used to be the most competitive in the buisiness for tables and chairs. I have not had to look intyo for some time. It is like everything else, you just have to spend a bunch of time researching. Best of luck!! Joan

Anonymous said...

I also do 5am... its not so bad and your body adjust now when i have the day off im up and going by 6 or 7. Some days i wake up and tell myself go back to sleep.

Betsy said...

I'm finally catching up on the BLOG! You two are doing an amazing job getting this thing done in two months! And so civil! ;-0

Lets get together as soon as the race be over and ZOOM on down there and figure out how to make a 'simply' beautiful location look just like you want it to! Obviously we should be spreading 'pixie' dust.

Maybe Natalie should wear her fairy wings to fit right in!

By the way, I was sharing the good news with my colleagues at work and my boss said his best friend "girl" was his best man! So you guys.....do whatever you want! Not that you have to seek our approval!

Sooooo exited to hear Felix is coming!

Sleep well.
Mom/Betsy