Thursday, July 3, 2008

bridal shower, packages and frivolous gifts...

Last Saturday I had the pleasure to go my second ever and own bridal shower. It was awesome. The three Jennys did an amazing job organizing an afternoon that I could enjoy and hopefully everyone else did as well.
All of this is beyond overwhelming, as I am sure everybody who has been in this position knows, but lots of fun, once you get over the stress of it.
We played some fun little games, ate lots and lots of food and I got tons and tons of presents. There are pictures too, but I don't have the time to post them right now. Later.
My mom and my stepdad are here, which is really nice, I just wish I didn't have to yell at 65 kids all day and had stronger nerves. I am not the most sociable person during the week anymore.
Anyway, it's great to have them here and to be able to give hugs and talk face-to-face. Tomorrow morning we are leaving for a weekend in Chicago and I couldn't be happier to get out of the city for a few days.
We have been getting presents in the mail constantly, and that's a very nice change in mail away from just bills and advertisements. However, our living room is looking smaller and smaller by the day. That's why people buy houses after they get married. All the new stuff.
Our dear friend Maggie send us a package today that made me laugh so hard...we know have M&Ms with our picture on it. They are fabulous. Way to pretty to eat...
We are going out to dinner now, but I will try my best to keep this updated.

1 comment:

brianwyrick said...

the house across from us is for sale :)