Sunday, June 8, 2008

invite only...we are very exclusive...

So most of the invites are on their way. Finally. My printer, unfortunately, decided to ruin the last 5 sheets of mailing labels I had, so about 30 invitations are still sitting here waiting to be mailed. I'll take care of that tomorrow. Brian did an amazing job on the design and as soon as I get the German announcements they will be send as well.
Yesterday we went decoration-shopping, which wasn't even half as painful as I thought it would be...well, the humidity was a big minus, but other than that it was fine.
If the final result will be anything like I imagine, it will be nice and simple and pretty.
It was also our 5th anniversary this weekend, so we went to the Spaghetti Factory, did some extreme sweating, ate what we could eat and went to see Iron Man, which was awesome. If you like Marvel, you should see it.
Today I did some more dress fitting (It fits, yay) and planning with Betsy and it looks like everything is going to work somehow. Enough wedding talk now.

So as Ben mentioned, we got a little emotional during Obama's speech. While it is always historical when the nominees are finally chosen, it is still a completely different kind of history being written right now. It was about time, and as sad as it is that for me it came down to siding with the male candidate, I do believe that it is amazing that the kids I work with have now seen that it doesn't always have to be an old white guy. I hope it will make a difference in the long run and not just momentarily.
Besides his politics, what I (as a foreigner) like about Obama is his international background, his apparent understanding of world affairs, and that he keeps saying that he does not want to surround himself with yes-men.
It can only get better, and I am hoping for substantial change and more accountability for the administration.

That being said, now back to the important stuff:
UNICORNS

2 comments:

Jen said...

So I'm reading the blog and I'm assuming it is BEN writing it (why, I don't know). And then I get to the part about trying on the dress.... Ummmm, OHHHH! It's Andrea writing it!!!! HAHAHAHAHA. Glad to hear all is coming along nicely. Let me know if there is anything else you need. Take care and have a COOL week (that's a joke, too...).

mamatwoboys said...

Maybe yours will be the first piece of mail we get at the new house!?

Happy Monday to you both. It is Monday right?